On April 2, 2010, the region came together to celebrate the fifth anniversary of the Sacramento Council of Governments innovative Blueprint Project. The event included a look back at the development of the Sacramento Region Blueprint, highlights of implementation activities in all 28 local governments in the six-county region, and a look forward to the next big initiatives in a region renowned for regional collaboration. From general plans to new mixed-use and transit-oriented development, participants learned how the unique regional visioning project is bringing smart growth principles and performance-based planning to growth projected in the Sacramento region until 2050.
Blueprint implementation activities also include the current Metropolitan Transportation Plan for 2035 and the Rural Urban Connections Strategy (RUCS).
To subscribe for regular updates on these projects, Board agendas, or the Regional Report, please provide us your contact information here.
Friday, April 2, 2010
Sacramento State Union Ballroom
- SACOG Board Chair Leslie McBride, Yuba City
- Sacramento State Provost Dr. Joseph Sheley
- SACOG Director Christopher Cabaldon, West Sacramento
- Blueprint Retrospective — Video
- Blueprint Successes and Challenges — Video
SACOG Executive Director
- Local Blueprint Implementation Highlights — Video
For information on projects contact Greg Chew.
- Speaker: Stephen Levy — Video
Director, Center for Continuing Study for the California Economy
- Speaker: John Fregonese — Video
Principal, Fregonese Associates
- Speaker: Dr. Manuel Pastor — Video
Director, Program for Environmental and Regional Equity
University of Southern California
- Blueprint Implementation Next Steps
- Recorded Video Messages from Community Leaders and State Senate/Congress
Audience polling occurred throughout the program